Coconut oil is one of nature’s most versatile products you can find. It’s well-known not only for its health benefits but also for its beauty uses.
To give you a clearer idea, here are some of coconut oil’s impressive properties.
* The oil contains fatty acids that are more than 15 times more potent than benzoyl peroxide. This makes it a great solution for treating stubborn acne.
* It also contains antioxidants and ferulic acid to help combat signs of skin aging. It can address fine lines and age spots.
* You can find vitamin E in the coconut, too. It can help protect the skin while nourishing it.
* Coconut oil can improve the skin’s barrier, making it a great help for those struggling with really dry skin. It works to prevent water loss and seal in moisture.
* The oil comes with a good amount of lauric acid. It’s a great odor-fighting ingredient to keep you feeling fresh and smelling great all day.
* For minor wounds and scrapes, coconut oil can serve as a protective layer to keep off dust and bacteria. It promotes faster wound healing, too.
The benefits of coconut oil are almost endless.
“Hannah Do is the founder of Thank Your Skin, a beauty blog dedicated to provide honest skin care advice and information. She aspires to help her readers achieve their most beautiful skin by sharing personal tips learned through both years of experience and thorough research. Check out ThankYourSkin.com to learn more about her work. You can find her on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook“